Please familiarise yourself with the information provided before completing your registration. It includes information regarding time limit restrictions for completing the training.
Registration is not complete until payment has been received.
28 JULY 2020
DUE TO ONGOING CONCERNS RELATING TO COVID 19
WE HAVE WITH DECIDED THAT WE CANNOT PROCEED WITH THIS WORKSHOP
Training venues provide facilities and access for those suffering a disability. Further enquiries should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekend 2 Learning Objectives
10 hours of didactic + 10 hours of supervised practice
- Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
Please note: It is recommended that clinicians practice the skills learned in Weekend 1 with selected clients for a minimum of 20-30 sessions before attending Weekend 2.
- Sigmund Burzynski
- Sigmund Burzynski is a member of the EMDR Institute faculty and is in private psychological practice in Geelong, Australia. He has an extensive clinical background and has worked as the resident psychologist at at maximum security prison for six years. During that time he was actively involved in developing a group program named "Alternatives to Violence Program", which was given a national award. He has provided training on anger management in Singapore and Australia and presented a case study on trauma based anger at the inaugural EMDR Asia conference in Bali 2010. He provides supervision and training to psychologists nationally and internationally.
Find out more about Sigmund Burzynski
Day 1: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Day 2: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Day 3: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Note: The closing times are only approximate only as practicums often take longer than anticipated and at times have not finished until 5.30 pm or as late as 6.00 pm. Trainees must be present to complete the practicums and attendance certificates cannot be provided unless these requirements are met. Travel arrangements need to be organised with the view that there needs to be an allowance for some flexibility in the stated time schedule.
Participants are required to read the newly edited textbook by Francine Shapiro, PhD: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures Guildford Press, NY, 3rd Edition, 2001
5 hours EMDR Case Consultation/Supervision with an approved EMDR Institute Accredited Case Consultant, completed post Weekend 1 and prior to attending Weekend 2.
- $1100 (inc. GST)
- $990 (inc. GST) for payments prior to August 14
- Full payment required by September 21 2020
If you have already completed an EMDR Institute training and wish to repeat the training with that same trainer, then you may be eligible for a reduced fee of $ 550 (incl.GST). This applies to persons who apply within 3 years of completing the training. If it has been more than three years since you did your training then the full fee applies. Applications need to be completed for the reduced fee prior to the early bird closing dates for that training within a two year period.