The information and tools provided in the Structural Dissociation training form the basis of what may be utilised by trainees in the Master Class. As such the Structural Dissociation training is a mandatory prerequisite for Master Class. Our experience has also been that attending the Structural Dissociation training immediately prior to the Master Class brings with it, specific benefits for trainees. This is so even though they may have attended previous Structural Dissociation trainings and it is now also a requirement. A fee reduction for trainees that have attended multiple Structural Dissociation trainings is provided.
This training has traditionally been provided on a face-to-face basis and advertised many months in advance so that trainees are able to plan ahead. Face-to-face trainings are still the preferred platform as they facilitate a bonding not necessarily available with online trainings. However, the presence of COVID 19 and the ongoing uncertainty it presents, in addition to the changing restrictions it has placed on travelling and proximity, have required innovative responses from trainers. To meet these fluid conditions the training may well need to be provided online at relatively short notice.
Trainees should be prepared for the possibility of such changes and not make travel and accommodation arrangements until they have confirmation of the mode of presentation.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED.
Participants will be able to:
- understand the nature of dissociation
- understand the role of various dissociative parts within the context of the client’s personality as a whole
- identify practical EMDR approaches in each of the three treatment phases.
- Roger Solomon
- Roger Solomon, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treatment of trauma and grief. He is on the Senior Faculty of the EMDR Institute and provides EMDR training internationally. At the present time, he is a consultant to NASA, the US Senate, South Carolina Department of Public Safety, and Polizia di Stato (Italy). He has also worked with are the FBI, the Secret Service, US Department of State Diplomatic Security, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, several national security agencies. Dr. Solomon has authored 33 articles and book chapters on topics of trauma, grief, stress, and EMDR.
Find out more about Roger Solomon
Nijenhuis, E.R.S., Van der Hart, O. & Steele, K. (2002). The emerging psychobiology of trauma-related dissociation and dissociative disorders. In H. D’haenen, J.A. den Boer & P. Willner (Eds.), Biological Psychiatry (pp. 1079-1098). Chicester, New York: John Wiley & Sons.
Van der Hart, O., Nijenhuis, E. R. S., Steele, K., & Brown, D. (2004). Trauma-related dissociation: Conceptual clarity lost and found. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 38(11/12), 906-914.
Van der Hart, O., & Nijenhuis, E.R.S. (2008). Dissociative disorders. In P.H. Blaney & T. Millon (Eds.), Oxford textbook of psychopathology, 2nd ed. (pp. 452-481). New York: Oxford University Press.
Van der Hart, O., Nijenhuis, E. R. S., & Solomon, R. (in press). Dissociation of the personality in complex trauma-related disorders and EMDR: Theoretical considerations. Journal of EMDR Practice and Research.
Van der Hart, O., Nijenhuis, E.R.S., & Steele, K. (2006). The haunted self: Structural dissociation and the treatment of chronic traumatization. New York/London: W.W. Norton & Co.
Van der Hart, O., & Witztum, E. (2008). Dissociative psychosis: Clinical and theoretical aspects. In A. Moskowitz, I. Schäfer, & M. Dorahy (Eds.), Dissociation and psychosis: Multiple perspectives on a complex relationship (pp. 257-269). London: John Wiley & Sons.
Van der Kolk, B.A. & Van der Hart, O. (1989). Pierre Janet and the breakdown of adaptation in psychological trauma. American Journal of Psychiatry, 146, 1530-1540.
This training is available to all those who have completed a minimum of the Weekend 1 training.
- $440 (inc. GST)
- $220 (inc. GST) for attendees also attending the Master Class
- $220 (inc. GST) for those repeating the Structural Dissociation training