Carla-Renee Sherwood is a Psychologist who has worked with trauma and addiction for the past 10 years across multiple settings including community and hospital settings, intensive inpatient residential rehabilitation, and private practice.
Most recently, Carla lived and worked at a primary inpatient addiction treatment centre in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand for two years, providing psychological services to clients from around the world with complex and developmental trauma, PTSD, addictions, depression and anxiety, complex grief and loss, personality disorders, and food, body and sleep disorders.
Carla is an Accredited EMDR Therapy Consultant with both EMDRAA and EMDRIA registration. She completed her first EMDR Therapy Weekend Level 1 training in 2015 with Sigmund Burzynski and has since completed:
- EMDR Weekend Level 2 training (2018) in Singapore
- Addiction Specific EMDR protocol training (2018)
- Accredited EMDR Practitioner (Dec, 2019)
- 2 x EMDR Therapy Structural Dissociation Trainings (Dr Roger Solomon & Sigmund Burzynski, 2019, 2020)
- 3 x EMDR Masterclass Advanced Level Trainings (Dr Roger Solomon & Sigmund Burzynski, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- 1 x EMDR Masterclass Intensive (Dr. Roger Solomon, 2020)
- EMDRAA Approved EMDR Consultant (April, 2021)
Carla has recently become a Weekend 1 EMDR Training Facilitator (May, 2021) under the assessment of Sigmund Burzynski and is now approved to provide Weekend 1 Consultation for therapists who are working towards completing their Basic Level Training with the EMDR Institute. She is working towards becoming a Weekend 2 Facilitator this year.
Alongside EMDR Therapy, Carla values and practices a holistic and systematic approach to overall health and wellbeing and believes in the importance of nutrition as medicine and the combination of mind, body, energy and spiritual work.
Carla is a Registered Psychologist with Medicare and Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHRPA). She is now running her own practice Sherwood Holistic Psychology, providing EMDR Therapy Consultations and working predominately online via Telehealth with clients from around the world.