The philosophy of this training is the art is learned most effectively through demonstration and practice rather than didactically. There will be life demonstrations by Dr. Solomon to illustrate EMDR, with discussion afterwards to highlight the teaching points. For personal practice, nearly 60% of the workshop is spent in groups of 2 or 3 where you can use personal material as you rotate the roles of client, therapist, and observer. These sessions will be facilitated by workshop instructors who will provide live and immediate feedback to help your fine tune your skills. What you can work on is completely up to you. You can expect approximately 3 hours in the role of client over the course of the 5 days. The workshop instructors are careful to create a safe environment for you to go as deep as you need to go as client. Your therapist is observed and assisted by training instructors to provide you good treatment. The training is 4 days to allow the time to accomplish significant work. While participants are encouraged to work on their own issues personal boundaries will be respected.
19/7/22 THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULLY SUBSCRIBED
PLEASE REGISTER TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST
Advanced Learning Topics
Advanced Learning Topics include:
- Case Conceptualization & Target Selection
- Preparation phase strategies for complex trauma
- Resource Development and Installation
- Negative and Positive Cognition Selection
- Recognizing Signs of Processing
- Fine-tuning the Application of Dual Attention Stimulation to Maximize Processing
- Clinical Containment Issues
- Knowing when to interweave vs. "stay out of the way"
- Consolidating Treatment Gains
- Roger Solomon
- Roger Solomon, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treatment of trauma and grief. He is on the Senior Faculty of the EMDR Institute and provides EMDR training internationally. At the present time, he is a consultant to NASA, the US Senate, South Carolina Department of Public Safety, and Polizia di Stato (Italy). He has also worked with are the FBI, the Secret Service, US Department of State Diplomatic Security, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, several national security agencies. Dr. Solomon has authored 33 articles and book chapters on topics of trauma, grief, stress, and EMDR.
Find out more about Roger Solomon
- $1760 (inc. GST)
- $1650 (inc. GST) for payments prior to November 5