Please familiarise yourself with the information provided on the website before completing your registration.
Completion of Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 EMDR Institute Trainings and 10 hours of supervision with an EMDR Institute Approved Consultant must be completed in a two year period to qualify for an EMDR Institute Basic Training Certificate.
Please note that payment is due on registration, your registration will not be processed until payment has been received, if payment is not received within 7 days your registration application will be cancelled.
This training session is now fully subscribed.
Registration now closed.
Training venues provide facilities and access for those living with a disability. Further enquiries should be forwarded to [email protected] .
Weekend 1 Learning Objectives
10 hours of didactic + 10 hours of supervised practice
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the parameters treatable with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
- Sigmund Burzynski
- Sigmund Burzynski is a member of the EMDR Institute faculty and is in private psychological practice in Geelong, Australia. He has an extensive clinical background and has worked as the resident psychologist at at maximum security prison for six years. During that time he was actively involved in developing a group program named "Alternatives to Violence Program", which was given a national award. He has provided training on anger management in Singapore and Australia and presented a case study on trauma based anger at the inaugural EMDR Asia conference in Bali 2010. He provides supervision and training to psychologists nationally and internationally.
Find out more about Sigmund Burzynski
Day 1: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Day 2: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Day 3: 8:30am - 5.00pm
Note: The closing times are only approximate only as practicums can take longer than anticipated. Trainees must be present to complete the practicums and attendance certificates cannot be provided unless these requirements are met. Travel arrangements need to be organised with the view that there needs to be an allowance for some flexibility in the stated time schedule.
Participants are required to read the newly edited textbook by Francine Shapiro, PhD: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures Guildford Press, NY, 3rd Edition, 2018
- $1100 (inc. GST)
- $990 (inc. GST) for payments prior to September 16