Please familiarise yourself with the information provided on the website before completing your registration.
Completion of Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 EMDR Institute Trainings and 10 hours of supervision with an EMDR Institute Approved Consultant must be completed in a two year period to qualify for an EMDR Institute Basic Training Certificate.
Please note that payment is due on registration, your registration will not be processed until payment has been received, if payment is not received within 7 days your registration application will be cancelled.
Training venues provide facilities and access for those living with a disability. Further enquiries should be forwarded to [email protected] .
Weekend 2 Learning Objectives
10 hours of didactic + 10 hours of supervised practice
- Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
Please note: It is recommended that clinicians practice the skills learned in Weekend 1 with selected clients for a minimum of 20-30 sessions before attending Weekend 2.
- Janette McMahon
Day 1: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Day 2: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Day 3: 8:30am - 5.00pm
Note: The closing times are only approximate only as practicums can take longer than anticipated. Trainees must be present to complete the practicums and attendance certificates cannot be provided unless these requirements are met. Travel arrangements need to be organised with the view that there needs to be an allowance for some flexibility in the stated time schedule.
Participants are required to read the newly edited textbook by Francine Shapiro, PhD: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures Guildford Press, NY, 3rd Edition, 2018
- $1100 (inc. GST)